The Jewelry Lead’s major responsibility is to drive sales in the total Jewelry/Watch business. Additionally, the Lead is responsible for maximizing sales and profits through the development of a quality sales organization and appropriate merchandise content within an area of the store. The Lead is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary, including new receipts, merchandising, markdowns, and signing. Store sales volume will determine degree of selling responsibility.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
Areas of Responsibility
• Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client, and More@ Macy’s tablet app
• Be proactive assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
• Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary
• Motivate associates to maximize company programs by reinforcing the benefits including but not limited to Worry No More & Star Rewards. Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
• Drive Pre-sell results through daily communication and recognition
• Ensure merchandising process goes smoothly and recover department to floor readiness standards
• Maintain a consistent, high level of customer service within the jewelry complex. Consistently provide feedback on associate MAGIC behaviors to their direct supervisor.
• Use computer system to monitor sales results for the Jewelry complex and maintain awareness of the area’s business
• Ensure all Jewelry procedures, policies, standards, and Fine Jewelry Operations are understood and followed by associates
• Manage the tools used to create professional selling standards, including My Client, product knowledge material, selling techniques, and point of sale system.
• Maintain acceptable presentation standards on the selling floor through proper utilization of visual displays and merchandise content
• Manage adherence to Merchandise Availability Protection Standards (MAP) and maintain a high level of associate awareness regarding shortage
• Support the execution of physical inventory process for Jewelry
• Execute sale set-ups, stock put away, fill-in, signing, and markdowns in a timely manner
• Be knowledgeable of POS policies and procedures and be able to train and coach associates on the POS functions
• Review advertising calendar and maintain floor presentation to maximize sales opportunities
• Build enthusiasm and awareness of promotional events amongst selling staff
• Recruit, motivate, and develop new and incumbent associates on company policies and procedures, product knowledge.
• Review business driving opportunities with management and coordinate implementation within area.
• Communicate information from buyers, vendors, and planners on product knowledge and merchandise presentation to the selling team build awareness of customer requests regarding merchandise mix.
• Maintain contact with all levels of management at the store and district level to obtain direction and support.
• Partner with Store & District Staffing resources on necessary schedule edits to maximize results.
• Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
• Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable.
• Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
• Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the supervisor.
• Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Education / Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of one to five years of experience in retail sales is required.
• Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
• This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Able to delegate tasks.
• Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.