The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for providing a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable though outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales and loyalty goals on a personal and departmental basis, and demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers.
Areas of Responsibility
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Star Reward goals
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to point of sale procedures
- Perform other duties as needed
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Education / Experience Requirements
No specific educational accomplishment is required. No experience is required.
Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
Basic math functions. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
Must be able to function as part of a team. Possess a strong sense of urgency. Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers. Possess a thirst for learning.
Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in a retail store environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
How to Apply
Go to macysjobs.com