The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for providing a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable though outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales and loyalty goals on a personal and departmental basis, and demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers.
Areas of Responsibility
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Star Reward goals
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to point of sale procedures
- Perform other duties as needed
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Education / Experience Requirements
- No specific educational accomplishment is required. No experience is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Basic math functions Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to function as part of a team. Possess a strong sense of urgency. Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers. Possess a thirst for learning.
- Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in a retail store environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
How to Apply
Go to macysjobs.com