Retail Support- Receiving Team Lead
The Receiving Team Lead is responsible for supervising a team of associates in all functions related to the receipt and processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building as well as the upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the stockroom. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
Areas of Responsibility
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Oversee receiving team in the general shipment process
- Ensure that all receiving activities are in accordance with productivity standards timelines
- Clearly communicate all policies, procedures, and standards so that they are understood and followed by associates
- Assist the Merchandise Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
- Oversee replenishment of stock onto the sales floor
- Plan and implement the inventory process & markdown process
- Oversee customer carryout and special deliveries
- Participate in and oversee stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping
- Manage the processing of damages, transfers, and return to vendor merchandise
- Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment
- Follow shortage programs and procedures as they pertain to the receiving function
- Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached
- Be sensitive to store’s needs and flex into other non-selling areas as needed
- Assign special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Education / Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one to three years experience in a supervisory position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level.
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
How to Apply
Go to macysjobs.com