The Sales Manager is a selling manager whose primary responsibility will include closing sales, ensuring the closing of sales are executed properly and that the sales team is capitalizing on the traffic flow within each location. The Sales Manager will be evaluated on their ability to positively impact store performance within defined measurable KPI’s. Motivate, coach and support training of the associates to achieve the best possible conversion rates and delivered sales of merchandise including product care and bedding. Professionally promote the “RoomPlace Way”.
Areas of Responsibility
Effectively lead the Sales Team to perform in all aspects of their position relating to sales, this includes closing sales within the company guidelines.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding in all facets of Sales Operation. This includes Merchandise features/benefits, Product Care, Bedding, Financing, Pricing and Discounting.
- Must consistently stay within the measurable parameters for KPI’s as defined by the company.(including conversion and points)
- Navigate the floor routinely to ensure that each customer is being assisted and to identify when sales associates need assistance in closing a sale based on the business needs while ensuring each customer is provided optimal service.
- The Sales Manager will appropriately approach any customer that did not buy; if the sale is not closed the reason the customer did not buy will be identified and action will be taken to minimize missed opportunities in the future which will include coaching or corrective actions.
- The Sales Manager will demonstrate and ensure compliance with selling behaviors which will positively influence the KPI result within company guidelines
- Communicate to the General Manager consistently on training opportunities from the observations of selling behaviors and interactions with the customers on the sales floor.
- Support the General Manager in directing, training and motivating the sales staff to achieve KPI results.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with the company’s established sales floor rules and company policies.
- Effectively communicate product/sales/promotions.
- Intervene in cancellations and failing conversions to save deals.
- Responsible for understanding of the Roomplace financing options; the discounting of any order over 10% and has the ability to communicate these options effectively to both the sales associates and the customers.
- Manage downtime productivity of the sales team.
- Due to business needs the Sales Manager will support the business in opening and closing the store when the General Manager is not working.
- Demonstrates flexibility with work locations due to business needs that may arise.
- Meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Performs additional duties as required or requested.
Education / Experience Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent required, some college/college degree a plus.
Minimum of 2 years of retail experience and be able to apply retail management procedures and techniques.
Must possess leadership and organizational skills to effectively multi task.
Must effectively communicate in English (i.e. oral, written, listening, reading) to successfully work with store and department managers, other departments, and customers. Bi-lingual skills are desirable, but not required.
Must have training skills in order to train sales associates in selling skills, policies and procedures.
Must know office procedures to support closing and opening procedures.
Must have mathematical ability, analytical and reasoning abilities and have a competitive awareness.
Superior presentation skills. Able to be convincing and commanding, and to quickly establish credibility and rapport
Self-motivated, creative, results driven, solution oriented, direct and convincing when it’s right for the customer, competitive, driven to succeed, money-motivated
Previous job experience in training employees desired.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply on our website www.theroomplace.com or contact Anthony Jimenez at 937-797-2674.